Monday, June 25, 2012

88 Beauty Supply Haul

Hello! Today I have a haul from 88 Beauty Supply, which most of you probably know as 8ty8beauty.com, a discount nail polish supplier. I once had a bad experience when ordering from them, which involved them sending me the wrong polish and it never got resolved. I decided to give it another try when I discovered that 88 Beauty is located only half an hour away from where I live and I could pick up my polishes in person (another reason I haven't reordered from them is that their shipping is expensive). That way I could ensure my order was correct.  Little did I know I had stumbled across something amazing...

The first thing I noticed when I walked into 88 Beauty was the overwhelming bad smell of nail polish. I had a headache within 5 minutes and my sister had to stay outside while my mom and I shopped. The second thing I noticed was SO MUCH NAIL POLISH. More than I'd ever seen in my life in one place. Tons of old and current collections from OPI, China Glaze, Orly, CND, Color Club, Essie and a few other brands I'd never heard of for the same prices you find at any discount e-tailers. There was also walls of nail art supplies, nail care supplies, and more. I thought I'd just be picking up my polishes from a warehouse...so obviously I bought more.
Let's get to the haul:

China Glaze: Exotic Encounters (On Safari), Kalahari Kiss (On Safari), Make Some Noise (Electropop), and Beach Cruise(r) (Summer Neons).

CND Effects Ice Blue Shimmer, Amethyst Sparkle, and Sapphire Sparkle.

Ice Blue Shimmer (my favorite from the haul)

Amethyst Sparkle

Sapphire Sparkle (blue and purple shimmer duochrome)

And of course...
Seche Vite top coat (my baby)

I didn't go too crazy- I was overwhelmed by the smell and the amount of polishes. I've never tried CND so I'm definitely the most excited to try those. Look out for a NOTD post coming tomorrow using one!
I spent half as much (or less) than I would have if I had bought this amount of polishes at Ulta or Sally's and I definitely recommend checking out 88 Beauty Supply if you live on Long Island (they are located in Bay Shore). 
Check out their website: 8ty8beauty.com


See a bonus kitten picture!

Bonus KITTEN(s) pic!
 Dusty (orange) and Bitchy (calico), two of our foster kittens. I only call her Bitchy because she scratched the crap out of me today when I tried to hug her.

Thanks for looking!
-Lily

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see it was a make up post and then even more excited when I saw you had done a video, thanks so much! I'd also love to know what kind of face wash you use as your skin is flawless and thats why you don't need foundation - you are so lucky. And i saw before you had a brazilian blowout, do you recommend it?
    beauty supply
    Beauty Supplies
    Cosmetics
    nails
    makeup

    ReplyDelete