Saturday, June 16, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Swatches

Hi! Today I have swatches of seven of the polishes from the China Glaze Summer Neons collection. I recently ordered Beach Cruise-r online, so I'll update this post when I have it, but for the meantime I have these to show you.

 
Shown is two coats plus top coat
Flirty Tankini-a "shimmery strawberry smoothie pink". I don't know about you, but if I ever got a strawberry smoothie this color I wouldn't drink it. It's more like a neon coral with coral shimmer in it.


Shown is three coats plus topcoat
I'm With The Lifeguard- a "glimmering lime green". It looks like a lime green with electric currents sent through it, it's amazing.


Shown is two coats plus topcoat
Hang-Ten Toes- a "bubblegum neon with iridescent purple shimmer". I actually have this on my toes right now and I love it.

Shown is two coats plus topcoat
Love's A Beach- a "sizzling hot pink". This looks almost identical to Hang-Ten Toes in the bottle, and even in some of my pictures, but they are definitely unique in their own way. Love's A Beach is a darker neon pink with pink shimmer, whereas Hang-Ten Toes has iridescent blue and purple shimmer.

Shown is two coats plus topcoat 
Pink Plumeria- a "light pink with gold shimmer". I showed you this polish the other day when I wore it a full manicure. The gold shimmer definitely came out in the sun, but indoors it just looks like a light neon pink with silvery/pink shimmer. 

Shown is three coats plus topcoat
Sun-Kissed- a "hot highlighter yellow". It almost seems more chartreuse than yellow which makes it unique in my collection. I wore this as a full manicure sometime last week and I was so surprised by how easily it applied for a neon yellow. This would be my second favorite neon yellow, after my beloved Illamasqua Rare, which also applies like a dream.

  
Shown is two coats plus topcoat
Surfin' For Boys- a "glistening bright coral". You can tell my the photo how bright it is, it looks like it's glowing. It has a lot of pink shimmer in it as well.

I love what I have of this collection. I love wearing neons in the summer and these are all really unique and eye-catching. My one problem with some of the shades in the collection is that the shimmer in a few settled at the bottom of the bottle after sitting for a while. This wasn't that big a deal, I just shook it and let it sit for a few minutes before I began swatching.
A Sally's employee told me this collection was a Sally's exclusive, but that is not true. They are now available at all the popular etailers for half the price, so I suggest you pick some up if you love neons as much as I do.

Thanks for looking!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment