Thursday, June 28, 2012

NOTD 6/28/12: Chanel Graphite

Happy almost Friday! 
If you're like me, you've been wearing neons since April in preparation for summer. But now that summer is here, I kind of miss dark, vampy, fall and winter colors. I'll still wear all my brights this summer but I need to get this out of my system right now...
Today's NOTD is one of the most popular fall colors last year, Chanel Graphite. 

 Shown is two coats of Graphite plus top coat

All the different colored shimmer...mmmm
This color is so amazing and complex. It's crazy metallic and sparkly, gold and silver at the same time, and has all different colored shimmer that peaks out in the right light. Click on the pictures to view them full size and bask in the beauty.
I love wearing metallic and foils- I think they make such a great statement and go with everything. Also they dry super fast which is awesome for a quick and sophisticated manicure.
Tons of brands way cheaper and comparable formula-wise to Chanel have dupes of it, most recent and easily accessible being OPI's Number One Nemesis from the Spiderman (ANDREW GARFIELD) Collection. I don't have it so I can't compare, but I've heard it's pretty spot on. I think Chanel polishes are up to $26 now (which is insane) but I bought this when it was $25. Not the most expensive polish I own, but ridiculous and not worth it when there are dupes. Nonetheless, I love this color though and will continue to enjoy it during the fall :)

See a bonus cat picture!


  Bonus cat pic:
This is Soso! We've had her for longer than I can remember and is the loudest cat I know.
Thanks for looking!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment