Monday, July 2, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creatures Haul & Swatches

Hi! Today I have a small haul of my picks from MAC's latest collection, Heavenly Creatures. It comes into stores on July 5th (I think) but is available now online. I picked up two lipsticks and one MSF.
Cusp of Dawn and Venus Lipsticks
 Cusp of Dawn Lipstick
Venus Lipstick
Cusp of Dawn and Venus

Cusp of Dawn and Venus are both lustre finishes, as well as the other 2/3 lipsticks in this collection. Lustre is my absolute favorite finish and I will buy any Lustre finish lipstick MAC releases (I will probably wind up purchasing the other two from this collection soon). They're moisturizing and have buildable color which is really important to me in a lipstick. Probably 95% of my MAC lipsticks are lustres.
Cusp of Dawn is a beige-y nude with noticeable shimmer that translates well on the lips. It's the perfect nude for me because it isn't too pink and looks completely natural (except for the shimmer). The reason I bought this is because it reminded me (and upon investigation, is almost an exact dupe) of MAC's Lush Amber from the Semi-Precious Collection last fall. It is my all time favorite nude and I've been searching for a dupe in fear of running out of it.
Venus is a medium pink with gold shimmer. The shimmer in Venus isn't as noticeable as in Cusp of Dawn. I don't have anything like this in my collection so I was really excited to pick it up. It's very wearable for me but not too boring.

Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish
Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish 
Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish 
 Heavy swatch, blended swatch of Light Year

Light Year MSF is a light shimmery peach with pink and golden bronze swirled in it. I bought this because I thought it would be light enough to use as a highlight but alas I am too pale. However, I love it as a blush on my skin tone. It is soft and glow-y without being too shimmery or sparkly. 
The one complaint I had was that it was really powdery. When I put my brush in, a dust of product flew up and there was a ton of excess powder everywhere. 

Overall, I love what I have of the collection and definitely will check out the rest of it in person when it hits stores in a few days.


See a bonus Bela picture!

Bonus Bela pic!

Thanks for looking!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment