Tuesday, July 3, 2012

NOTD 7/3/12- Layla Hologram Effect 08 Flash Black

Happy almost 4th! I'm planning on re-doing my nails later tonight to something more patriotic but I wanted to share with you a last minute manicure I did last night before going out. This is Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish in #08 Flash Black.

 Shown is Nfu Oh Aqua Base, two coats of Flash Black, and top coat
Flash Black is a linear charcoal holographic. It's not quite as smooth as the popular China Glaze OMG collection, which I own a few polishes from, the particles are bigger and it looks more pixelated. 
I've had this polish for a while and have been meaning to use it. The reason I picked it up last night is because I had about 30 minutes to do my nails before seeing Magic Mike with my friends (which I 100% recommend) and holographic polishes dry lightening fast. The formula was easy to work with after using a base coat of Nfu Oh Aqua Base, which is specifically designed for holo polishes. You can buy it at Fabuloustreet.com
I know I basically committed a sin by putting a top coat over a holo but it would have chipped within an hour if I hadn't. Flash Black lasted overnight before starting to chip in the morning. 
Overall, I love this polish but I don't love the wear time. I'll continue to use it as a quick on-the-go mani but that's all. Layla Hologram Effect Polishes are available at Ulta for $15.50.


See a bonus cat picture!

Bonus cat pic!
This is Speed, who we've had since he was a kitten. Even though he's a male cat, he has the girliest meow you'll ever hear.
 Thanks for looking!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment