Wednesday, July 4, 2012

NOTD 7/4/12: Rescue Beauty Lounge IKB: 2012

Happy fourth to my fellow Americans! To the rest of the world...happy 11 days until Breaking Bad comes back! Maybe I'll do a BrBa mani when the time comes...
I hope you're having a lovely day and plan on seeing some fireworks later. I know I am! I've been pretty uninspired lately in terms of doing nail art so I just painted my nails a patriotic bright blue jelly polish: Rescue Beauty Lounge IKB: 2012 from The Fan Collection.

 Two thick coats plus top coat (shade)
Sunlight
 BLUE JELLY?!?! 
 (source: Google images)

I'm going to get right to the point: this polish is a pain in the ass. But it is also AMAZING and completely worth it. The formula is sticky and applies like glue: uneven, gloopy, and stringy. I must have thinned it four or five times during application. However, this is my second time wearing it on my nails and I've worn it on my toes before so you can see that I am still willing to work with it for the incredible results.
It is the most insane blue I've ever seen. It's bright and dark at the same time and makes such a statement. It's sold out right now on Rescue Beauty but I would count on it being part of a BIB soon. RBL polishes cost $20.

Check out some bonus 4th of July pics!

Missy taking a snooze on her favorite couch! (very patriotic cushions)
My favorite food in the world: fresh fig slices and sharp provolone cheese on baguette. I could eat the entire thing platter myself but it was for a party :( .

Fireworks pictures taken by my sister, Vivienne!  

What were your 4th of July plans?
Thanks for looking and have a great holiday!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment