Sunday, August 12, 2012

NOTD 8/10/12: Butter London Gobsmacked

Hello everyone! I'm in class right now but I wanted to quick post this NOTD seeing as how I've had it on for two days and am redoing my nails tonight :)
I hope you're not sick of Butter London after this because I snagged 3, including this one, in Nordstrom's buy two get one free sale. Here is Gobsmacked, which is new for fall 2012.

 Two coats, two coats topcoat. Flash.
Sunlight.
 
Sunlight.

Gobsmacked is a charcoal grey glitter that is opaque in two coats. I am not kidding when I say that I thinned it 10+ times during application. Really. If you really feel like putting in the time and patience for this polish, go for it, but this isn't a particularly unique shade so it doesn't seem worth it on any level.
Out of all the ones I've tried, I'm going to just go ahead and declare Butter London glitters to be crap. They turn incredibly tacky and sticky and it's like applying glue to your nails. There are so much better and cheaper options for glitter out there, and there is no reason to spend $14 on a nail polish that just gives you a headache. Yes, there are polishes that I would put in the work for, but not this one.

Thanks for reading!
-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment